Friday, April 18, 2008

Big Titts In Silk Bar

Notes sad, sad notes. In a nutshell

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Today is gone Daniel "Danny" Federici (1950-2008), keyboard (organ and accordion) of Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band since its inception. Federici did not know I do not know that person was, nor do I care. So I will not be pathetic. But we saw each other at a distance several times in stadiums and arenas, this side of the Atlantic, and once, but without saying anything, in person, in Toronto, Canada, May 4, 2000, outside the Air Canada Arena. Federici did not know, I repeat, so I will not be pathetic, but it is a fact that his music - even his music - he was part of the soundtrack of my last twenty-three years. In fine, that is, in good times and bad, that in bad times. So for me it was a good person. So today, I can be a bit 'sad. I can not help think back to the verses of Virgil (Eclogues, Eclogue IX), that the more I become older and I understand the weight: Omnia fert aetas, animum quoque . Everything goes away the time. A piece at a time, I add.

Rest in peace, Danny.

A small musical memory:

Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band: "4th of July, Asbury Park", 1973

0 comments:

Post a Comment